How would recreate the "Amiga" "Workbench version 1.0" GUI if you created it today / 2012 ?
Every developer knows the feeling when finally he/she finds a bug and slaps to the forehead while mumbling: "How on earth was this thing ever been working?..."
Well, it just happened to me, I have fixed a bug that stopped the ROM from booting. It was a rather stupid mistake (as usually); for the details check out the update.
In this other minor update I have fixed one more nuance with the wrong addresses in the dumped PowerPC code log.
I am back from the holidays for sometime now, but I got swamped instantly by the work in my daytime job. I had very little energy on the project in the nights, which was spent on two things: chasing that #@!% bug which is killing me and implementing the data-flow optimization.
I have actually received a few donations! I'd like to start by saying thank you, you know who you are!
After a much needed vacation on the French Riviera, I still have a few days off work, and I can put a wee bit more effort into JAmiga/JamVM.
After a long-long time we are going to go on holiday with my beloved wife.
While I am AFK (pick one) please just sit patient and try to find the bug that prevents the OS from booting, will ya?
See ya in August.
This is more of a mental note to self. But it gives a small insight to what I'm battling with.
I've just traced in which way VMNetChannel allocates its ByteBuffer (ByteBuffers are used for pretty much anything handling data, not only network stuff, so its a pretty crucial thing to have).
Starting in VMNetChannel, we find a ByteBuffer.allocate(int capacity). It goes something like this:
After my latest musings with JNI and JVM interfaces, I am finally back at implementing the network support. I have implemented it pretty like described in previous entry and also made the necessary classpath changes. Furthermore, the classpath implementation, java-net library, now fully depends on the various JVM_-functions exported by the main JAmiga engine, i.e. JVM_Socket, JVM_Bind and so on.
Another nice batch of instructions implemented in the recent update. This is an important milestone: most of the instructions are JIT compiled now, that are used in the Mandelbrot test. Why is it important?
Because finally we can do some benchmarking!
Hey peepz, long time no see, but I had a really good excuse :)
On 26th of May my lovely daughter was born and for that matter I was fully devoted to her and my wife :)
I'm really happy that everything worked out just fine, and that a new girly Amigan was born.
Anywayz... this weekend I found some time between her sleeps to tinker my lovely A4000 and my newly acquired Indivision AGA mk2 (for A4000/CD32).
Many have already made some reviews and troubleshoots via the known forums but here I will present my own POV.
So, this is what the package includes
Nearly a year after 1.1 was released, I found the time to fix some of the v1.1 bugs. Some of them appeared because of recent AROS changes and bug fixes. There are no new features in this release.
Thank you dear Queen Elizabeth II that Your Majesty has birthday, just like us, puny humans do. Even if it is not on this day yet we got a day off to celebrate in New Zealand too. (Well, logic is not a strong point of human society.)
So, I decided to celebrate Her Majesty's birthday by doing some coding.
The update is a little bit short and not too interesting, just a couple more instructions implemented: