X500 Evo: Stuffing da beast (Part 2)
Ok this time it didn't take long to progress (lol).
First of all, I realized that my Asus P8H77-I motherboard had an internal dual USB2.0 header and an internal dual USB3.0 header. Lets see... X500 case requires 3x USB 1.0/2.0 internal headers:
- 2x USB 2.0 for the Card Reader (1x for the USB connector, and 1x for the rest card slots)
- 1x USB 1.0/2.0 for the Cherry MX keyboard
- I had to put an internal USB 2.0 hub - Not OK
- I had to convert the internal dual USB 3.0 header to a dual USB 2.0 header - Semi OK
- I had to find a new USB 3.0 card reader, and use 1x header for Cherry MX keyboard, having one more spare for the future :D - Mucho OK
...and this is how it looks when it replaced the default. Surprisingly, it's white color matches a lot more the white DVD/RW fascia!
Here it's the new reader in place with it's thick and lengthy USB 3.0 cables tight in place (they were tight and hot-glued on the back side where they don't look ugly). Only the required length was left in place in order to just plug and not interfere with anything else.
Time to install to the mobo and OMG! It fits like a glove and it's height is just EPIC!