November 2015

time, there's no time..

With just a few adjustments to the SDL code I got an output window, which also contained the status line and looked quite ok.

But nothing happened. The CPU emulation code was called and then .. nothing!?

In my old 2.8.1 version I added some assembler operations to get a better timing for the processor speed, as AROS seems not to be able to provide something like that.

And I enclosed the assembler part with

WinUAE 3.2.0

Well, Toni released Version 3.2.0, so I started merging it with my (now dated) port of 2.8.1.

WinUAE progresses really fast, it seems to be difficult to keep the pace, especially, as many parts are not ported completely and still need a lot of ifdefs, which I had to manually apply again..

WinUAE now contains a lot of new parts, Mame emulator parts, more qemu parts, dosbox parts.. all of them needed to be integrated in the port, too. And there still are the PearPC parts missing ;-). WinUAE is not only emulator, it contains a lot of emulators, too.

Connecting MorphOS to a network

File: Smart SMBFS

One of the few things I never bothered to learn anything about is how networks work. Mostly because it used to be such a complicated matter when I was young and into computers, and later in life when I started to actually need it it had already become a simple task. Just insert a LAN cable and let Windows do the job for you. So my knowledge about networking is pretty much zero.

Lariad on X1000

Today I wanted to take a look at the recently released game called Lariade (Lariad), ported by HunoPPC to run under AmigaOS 4.1 Final edition, demonstrated on my AmigaOne X1000.

AmigaAmp 3 on X1000

Today I wanted to take a look at AmigaAmp 3 under AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition on my X1000, and also look at some recent Front end add-on software under active development in 2015 that utilises it and adds extra functionality - Song Wrangler and aTunes.